2021 : Year of coming together to be ONE!
“Each one of us can make a difference.Together we make change”
While 2020 taught us to win over adversity and unpredictable challenges of life, 2021 has taught us resilience and the power of coming together with one heart, one mind, one love and one determination! Isn’t that the purpose of human life? – To be one with the Almighty, be one with the universe and one with each of its creations.
As we came out stronger from Covid 19 pandemic, it’s variants and tendencies to keep coming back through the year built more resilience and more compassion for each other in us. Many realised the importance of life, life’s purpose, spirituality and existence of beautiful souls in our life! Each one of us became one with the universe not just to go through the pandemic together but to grow through it together. And voila what a growth journey it has been – a journey of unlearning, learning and relearning!
Like every year, I learnt a lot from my own experiences, failures and challenges and also from those of others. And this year my top 5 take aways or validations have been the following :
- Life is meaningless if it’s not purpose driven–If we don’t know who we are and what we are here for, we will never realise our potential and never ever be at peace. Our inner purpose helps us awaken to our true identity and our outer purpose helps us live life to our highest potential. Find your true self, find the purpose of your life and align it what you do day in and day out. And that’s when each step in the journey of life not just becomes beautiful but the journey itself becomes a fulfilling destination.
- We make time for what is important to us. I always wanted to give back to the society,share whatever learnings and wisdom I have gained from my experiences,my mentors, my career and do so much more to experience the joy of giving but always used to feel that I don’t have enough time to do it. In last. couple of years I have spent so much time on mentoring, on spreading knowledge, on volunteering, on building new friendships and it amazes me how I found time for the same things that I was struggling to incorporate in my limited bandwidth earlier. And the big lesson in this was something that we have always known to be true but sometimes we struggle to bring it to life – the lesson that “we make time for what is important to us”. If we say we don’t have time for something that means it’s not important for us.
- Life is miraculous and full of serendipity if you have an open heart and an open mind. And to be open to what universe wants to generously give us we have to be willing to take risks, willing to go beyond our comfort zones and willing to trust the universe. It’s rightly said that risk taking, trust and serendipity are key ingredients of true joy. 2021 for me was an extraordinary year of miracles in the form of lovely experiences, beautiful souls, kindred spirits and so much more. I experienced so many happy co-incidences, so many miracles in every day life and so much serendipity that I couldn’t contain my joy and it kept flowing back to the universe.
- Always listen with your heart and not just the mind – When our family, friends, peers, loved ones reach out to us in difficult times or times of dilemma and confusion or sometimes simply to clear their head or to feel good, always listen with your heart and not just with the logical mind. Step in to their shoes, understand their state of mind, hear them out, don’t intervene when they are expressing, don’t judge them, don’t say hurtful words, don’t defend yourself, don’t give advice until they finish and ask for it. In most such situations, we all just need a listening ear and a heart full of love to be able to find our own answers to challenges we are dealing with it and it’s the same with everyone else. Be that listener for others as well as for yourself and you will see your life will never be devoid of love and beautiful relationships.
- “No matter how inclusive we are working towards being, we can always do more. We can always do better” – Victoria McGovern. We all have known how important inclusion is at our homes, at our work places and in our day to day dealings because it’s the basic foundation of true respect for each other as humans, as children of the same God. While we are learning to be inclusive in the areas of gender equality, diverse castes, creeds & languages, differently abled communities, cultures and countries, religions and spirituality, we need to make inclusiveness a way of life even in our day to day interactions as well as in our conduct with our loved ones. This year I learnt how rare a quality it is to make space for new friendships, new colleagues, new volunteers in our lives, in our organisations, in our philanthropic initiatives respectively to make them feel as equal and as important as the old well established long term relationships and most importantly to be inclusive when both converge. It’s a quality each one of us should consistently work on to be an authentic and loving human being. Let’s do more; let’s do better!
Thank you to each one of you for being a beautiful part of my extremely fulfilling 2021 and helping me learn every step of the way!
Wishing you all a blissful, fulfilling, loving and happy happy 2022 💫💫💫